Discussion Response 802 (Nicole Franco)
Hi, Nicole. Your post typically articulates the fundamental overview of what indeed COVID-19 contributed globally. Truth be known that every corner of the world was entangled by fear, including the health workers in the health care facilities. Among the health care workers, I agree without haste that I was hesitant to receive the COVID-19 vaccine. Although the health care workers knew little about COVID-19, many did not concur with the vaccine’s efficacy. I agree that among the factors mentioned in your post are factors that truly made many healthcare workers hesitant to consume the COVID -119 vaccine. These factors, however, revolved around the rate of production of the vaccine, efficacy, and limited data about the vaccine (Paris et al., 2021).
Also, health care workers had no trust in the health system regarding the management of COVID-19. The health care workers also expressed their distrust of how some pharmaceutical companies produced the vaccine, which they thought self-gain. Some of the health workers who had initially been vaccinated refused the uptake of the next dose, made of the healthcare workers hesitant to take up the vaccine (Biswas et al., 2021). Limited information about the side effects and multiple vaccine doses made many health care workers doubt the COVID -19 vaccine. However, healthcare workers have confidence in evidence-based practice, and the rush of production of therapy for COVID-19 may consist of knowledgeable healthcare workers. The latter was hesitant to be vaccinated despite being vaccinated first since they are frontiers.
Finally, as APNs, it is factual that the adoption education system among coworkers and patients in sharing information about the importance of the uptake of the COVID-19 vaccine has significantly raised awareness. As an APN, being bold in communication makes many significant others believe what you are stating right.
Paris, C., Bénézit, F., Geslin, M., Polard, E., Baldeyrou, M., Turmel, V., Tadié, É., Garlantezec, R., & Tattevin, P. (2021). Covid-19 vaccine hesitancy among healthcare workers. InfectiousDiseases Now, 51(5), 484487.
Biswas, N., Mustapha, T., Khubchandani, J., & Price, J. H. (2021). The nature and extent of COVID-19 vaccination hesitancy in healthcare workers. Journal of Community Health, 46(6),1244–1251.
- Assignment: Academic Success And Professional Development Plan Part 1: Developing An Academic And Professional Network
- In this Assignment you will continue developing your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan by developing the fifth component–a portfolio for your academic and professional efforts.
- Assignment: Academic Success and Professional Development Plan Part 3: Strategies to Promote Academic Integrity and Professional Ethics
- Assignment: Academic Success And Professional Development Plan Part 3: Strategies To Promote Academic Integrity And Professional Ethics
- Assignment: Academic Success And Professional Development Plan Part 5: Professional Development
- Begin creating an academic and professional network by identifying which academic and professional connections and resources you need to collaborate with to be successful in your MSN program and as a practicing nurse.
- Choose a medication type from the following list, note why the medication is used, and consider adverse effects. Invent a scenario where giving this medication could result in an ethical or legally charged situation
- ADVERSE EVENT TEMPLATES: You are the lead of the risk management team that has been assigned to evaluate an incident that has occurred. You will be preparing a report for the CEO of the hospital that includes all system failures that contributed to the adverse event as well as utilizing a CQI tool (pareto, fishbone, flowchart).
- Environmental Health and Health Effects of Environmental Change
- Definition of Nursing according to the American Nurses Association The American Nurses Association defines nursing as ‘‘the protection, promotion and optimization of health and abilities, prevention of illness and injury, alleviation of suffering through the diagnosis and treatment of human response, and advocacy in the care of individuals, families, communities and populations (Cox, & Werner, 2009).” The roles of employees throughout the hospital range with specific differences. These employees work together on their particular tasks to provide the patients with the upmost professional care. Each designation has a unique set of roles and responsibilities and work together to create a care team. The nursing team consists of a registered nurse, licensed vocational nurse, and a certified nursing assistant.
- Define natural resources and pollutants in our environment; A large amount of air pollution, water pollution and depletion of natural resources is attributed to rapid industrialization.
- Health Effects of Air Pollution
- Environmental Pollution Scenario
- Environmental Hazards: Air Pollution
- Different Types Of Environmental Pollution And Roles Played By Multinationals
- Effects of Water Pollution in Canada to Animals