Select a female leader that faced challenges based on gender and whose circumstances would be different if the leader had been male. What challenges did this female leader face in the business world? How did the female leader you selected overcome those challenges?
- Identify a crisis the organization that you chose for your SSP has faced in the past, a crisis that it is currently facing, or a crisis that a competitor in that industry has faced that your selected organization may face in the future. Post a 3–4 paragraph explanation of the crisis that you selected and a crisis management response recommendation. Include an analysis of the ethical implications of that recommendation. Reference at least one scholarly peer-reviewed resource in your recommendation.
- Describe an ethical dilemma that you experienced, or have witnessed in a change leader, when attempting to initiate change. How was the ethical dilemma resolved? What can a change leader use to guide decision making when faced with an ethical dilemma?
- What are some of the challenges involved in combining methodologies when creating a research proposal and carrying out a research project? How can these challenges be overcome?
- Appraise and defend a “perfect” health leader by explaining the knowledge, skills, abilities, and competencies of that “perfect” leader. Is this similar to the type of leader you want to be? Why or why not?
- What are the strengths and weakness of adaptive leadership? What particular challenges might an adaptive leader encounter in encouraging their followers to solve their own problems and challenges?
- Choose one of the dilemmas listed under the section “Common Ethical Dilemmas in Health Organizations” from your text, and discuss its complexities. Explain why you selected this dilemma. As a healthcare leader, how do you approach issues regarding the dilemma you selected?
- Post a description of the interview and communication techniques you would use with your selected patient. Explain why you would use these techniques. Identify the risk assessment instrument you selected, and justify why it would be applicable to the selected patient. Provide at least five targeted questions you would ask the patient.
- Introduce a person you know who has overcome great life challenges, such as illness, poverty, a natural disaster, or a physical impairment (blindness, deafness, loss of limb/s).
- Challenges faced by mental health nurses
- The ethical issues that the United States and other nations must address when faced with the health care challenges of an aging population