Completing a mental health paper is a necessary task for nursing students, and mental health topics are among the most searched topics for college and university students. However, finding the best mental health topics to write about can be challenging.
In this article, we provide an informative list of controversial mental health topics that can help you conduct extensive and relevant research for your paper. Before delving into the topics, let’s discuss the format to follow when writing your mental health essay.
Mental Health Research Paper Format:
1. Abstract: A concise summary of your topic and the goals of your discussion.
2. Introduction: A crucial section that covers all necessary evidence briefly.
3. Body: Discusses main points, including thoughts, findings, research methodology, and discussions.
4. Conclusion: Summarizes your arguments and restates your thesis.
5. Citations: Lists the sources used, adhering to university recommendations.
List of Mental Health Research Paper Topics:
1. Relationship between depression and weight loss.
2. Rise of teenage and adolescent eating disorders.
3. Modern media’s trivialization of mental illness.
4. Long-term psychological impact of rape.
5. PTSD in today’s youth.
6. Link between violent video game behavior and actual crime.
7. Victim-blaming on rape victims.
8. Heritability of mental illness.
9. Adult ADHD: typical or problematic?
10. Harmful misconceptions about OCD.
11. Connection between physical and mental health.
12. Is postpartum depression a new disease?
13. Childhood trauma and adult self-esteem challenges.
14. Prevalence of mental illness among men and women.
Argumentative Essay Topics about Mental Health:
1. Defining mental health.
2. Destigmatizing conversations about mental health.
3. Creating awareness of mental health in Nigerian communities.
4. Nature versus nurture: Are sociopaths born or raised?
5. The significance of self-affirmation in goal attainment.
6. Importance of self-love for receiving love from others.
7. Dealing with social anxiety.
8. Overcoming self-doubt.
9. Understanding OCD beyond cleaning obsession.
10. The role of self-loathing in self-destructive behavior.
11. Benefits of Mental Health Support Groups.
12. Addressing bullying when your child is the aggressor.
13. The importance of alone time.
14. Recognizing and dealing with toxic social circles.
15. Poor self-esteem and relationship management.
16. Understanding feelings of being unloved.
17. Managing recurring depressive episodes.
18. Regulating depression medication usage.
19. Access to anti-anxiety medications for everyone.
20. The importance of antidepressants for neurotics.
21. Proper management of living with mental health issues.
Mental Health Persuasive Speech Topics:
1. Distinguishing between depression and sadness.
2. Parallels between bipolar disorder and creativity.
3. Impact of postpartum depression on family members.
4. The link between bullying and eating disorders.
5. Addressing misconceptions about mental illness in media.
6. How childhood experiences shape serial killers.
7. Understanding the compulsive nature of kleptomania.
8. Influence of movies on perceptions of mental illness.
9. Recognizing signs of sociopathy in children.
10. The connection between suicide and low self-esteem.
11. Investigating the genetics of mental illness in families.
12. Why eating disorders are mental disorders.
13. Advancements in mental illness diagnosis and treatment.
14. Impact of mental illness on teenagers’ lives.
15. Causes of mental illness in adults.
16. Mental health challenges in the elderly.
17. Addressing psychiatric treatment complications among the elderly.
18. Impact of COVID-19 on brain activity.
19. Preventing the overuse of sedatives in adolescents.
20. Linking age and depression prevalence.
21. Reducing unhealthy family relationships for child mental health.
Controversial Mental Health Topics:
1. Effects of tobacco addiction on the human brain.
2. Treatment effectiveness for schizophrenia.
3. Impact of COVID-19 on mental health.
4. Factors contributing to depression.
5. Bipolar disorders as manifestations of mental illness.
6. Efficacy of talk therapy for suicidal patients.
7. Symptoms and treatments for anxiety disorders.
8. Overcoming male alcoholism.
9. Cyberbullying and increased depressive symptoms in young adults.
10. Sleep deprivation and anxiety development.
11. Stress as a precursor to depression.
12. Complications in psychiatric treatment for the elderly.
13. COVID-19’s impact on mental health.
14. Preventing the overuse of sedatives in adolescents.
15. Age as a predictor of depression.
16. Mental health of refugee populations.
17. Ethical considerations in mental health care.
18. Mental health in children and adults.
19. Improving hospital care for mental health patients.
20. Effective methods for caring for mental health patients.
21. Importance of mental health nursing as a specialist position.
Mental Health Topics for Discussion:
1. Challenges in psychiatric nursing care.
2. Mental health risks for nurses working with mentally ill patients.
3. Benefits and drawbacks of mental health nursing careers.
4. Self-control in psychiatry and nursing fields.
5. Understanding nursing ethics.
6. Various nursing theory approaches.
7. Nursing fields that utilize talk therapy.
8. Managing exposed trauma in psychiatric nursing.
9. Nursing ethics and responsibilities in psychiatric care.
10. The significance of experienced nurses in clinical psychology.
11. The role of nurses in effective patient recovery in modern psychiatry.
12. Putting nursing experience in psychiatric wards into practice.
13. Restricted practices in nursing homes.
14. Exploring psychiatric nursing as a primarily female occupation.
15. Increasing nursing staff shortages in healthcare settings.
16. Assessing anti-stigmatization efforts by nurses in psychiatric wards.
17. Negative impacts of psychiatric nursing on nurses’ mental health.
18. Addressing mental illness among nurses.
19. Nursing practices in the treatment of children and adults.
20. Effective ways for mental health nurses to care for patients.
21. Improving hospital care for mental health patients.
22. Proper management of difficulties in mental health nursing.
23. The significance of mental health nursing.
24. Initiating mental health nursing as a specialist position.
Sociology Research Topics on Mental Health:
1. Physical and mental health challenges in men and women.
2. Promoting children’s mental health in the 21st century.
3. The challenge of bipolar disorder as a mental health issue.
4. Eating disorders and psychological health.
5. Research methodology for treating mental illnesses.
6. Linking poverty and mental health issues.
7. Mental health consultation as a solution.
8. Mental health administration in modern society.
9. The relationship between mental health and spirituality.
10. Marijuana’s impacts on mental health.
11. The role of school psychology in the mental health movement.
12. Global Code of Ethics for Mental Health Professionals.
13. Workplace competence for mental health counselors.
14. Inclusion of mental health benefits in employee packages.
15. Reducing stigma associated with mental health diagnoses.
16. Community mental health for disorder prevention.
17. Mental health counselor significance.
18. Mental health problems in the criminal justice system.
19. Mental health of refugees.
20. Medical ethics in mental health care.
21. Child mental health and adult depression.
22. Transitions in old age and mental health issues.
23. Health and illness in mental health nursing.
24. Careers and jobs for mental health specialists.
25. Nursing personnel mental health screening and assessment.
26. Female mental health in social and cultural contexts.
27. Prevalence of schizophrenia as a mental health disorder.
28. Model of mental health practice for public institutions.
29. Research methodology concerns in mental health.
30. Workplace mental health strategies.
Mental Health Informative Speech Topics:
1. Availability of antidepressants for children.
2. The importance of mental health care.
3. Prioritizing mental health care.
4. Self-care and its connection to mental health.
5. Linking self-care and mental health treatment.
6. Importance of prioritizing mental health.
7. Growing mental health problems among young adults.
8. Increased depression in third-world countries.
9. The impact of poverty on mental health.
10. Research methodology for mental health projects.
11. School-based bullying and its impact on mental health.
12. Importance of a mother’s mental health after childbirth.
13. Addressing mental health issues in young children.
14. Impact of environmental changes on children’s mental health.
15. Emphasis on mental health after the COVID-19 pandemic.
16. Negative effects of social media on Nigerian youth’s mental health.
17. Promoting mental health discourse among males.
18. Effects of trolling and cancel culture on victims’ mental health.
19. Advantages of mental health apps in people’s lives.
20. Initiatives to raise mental health awareness in religious settings.
For nursing students seeking help with mental health topics, Customnursingpapers.com offers professional assistance to meet deadlines and deliver high-quality research papers. The team of nursing writers possesses vast knowledge in different mental health research topics, ensuring custom-written papers that achieve high grades.