Week 7: Patient Teaching Infographic on managing constipation
The purpose of this assignment is for students to explore the over-the-counter options to manage constipation. This assignment also allows students the opportunity to create a patient teaching guide that supports the professional formation of the NP practice role.
This assignment enables the student to meet the following course outcomes:
CO 1: Identify the most commonly prescribed agents in the major drug classes. (POs 1, 2)
CO 2: Make appropriate evidence-based therapeutic treatment decisions for individual patients utilizing drugs from the major drug classes. (POs 1, 2)
CO 3: Apply knowledge of pharmacokinetics, pharmacodynamics and pharmacogenomics in prescribing patient treatment. (POs 1, 2)
CO 4: Distinguish internal and external environment factors affecting drug action, reaction, efficacy, and interaction. (POs 1, 2)
CO 5: Identify client indicators of therapeutic, ineffective, adverse responses and side effects to drug therapy. (POs 1, 2)
The Late Assignment Policy applies to this assignment.
The assignment title is due by Sunday 11:59 p.m. MT at the end of Week 7.
Total Points Possible: 125
Preparing the Assignment
Follow these guidelines when completing each component of the assignment. Contact your course faculty if you have questions.
Use Canva.com or other infographic development tool of your choice to create a patient teaching aid about over the counter treatments for constipation.
Include the following sections/headings. You do not have to use these exact words for headings, but they should be labeled in a way that is very clear to your instructor of which topic you are addressing.
Classification/Types (Bulk, Osmotic, Stimulant, Surfactant)
How they work
Examples of each
When should each laxative type be considered?
When should a laxative be used?
Caution of laxative overuse
Symptoms of laxative overuse
Long-term health risks of laxative overuse
Who is at risk?
Lay language for patients
The format should not match the layout shown in the example image. Be creative.
References used should be noted at the bottom of your infographic in a smaller font as not to distract from information provided but also validating the information came from a reliable source.
References should be from either your textbook or a professional source such as American Gastroenterological Association (Links to an external site.), Prescriber\’s Digital Reference, etc. References should not be from sources such as MayoClinic, WebMD, etc. Additionally, avoid use of journal articles for this assignment as you are looking for a more global consensus than that of one journal article.
Provide a screen shot of your infographic in Canva or other platform of your choice.
Make sure to highlight in some manner the day and time your infographic was created like the image below.
The infographic you submit should match the screen shot you submit with your assignment.
Of course, the date your infographic is created should also coincide with the session of your submission
Week 7: Patient Teaching Infographic on managing constipation Related posts:
- Healthcare Ethics Theorist Infographic
- Infographic presentation on Telehealth
- grand canyon nrs427v week 5 community Teaching Plan: Community Teaching Work Plan Proposal
- COMMUNITY TEACHING PLAN: TEACHING EXPERIENCE PAPER
- Teaching outline: Client and family teaching needs in heath care
- Community Teaching Plan: Teaching Experience Paper
- Importance of developing a better understanding of why and how heath care organizations are governed and managed in order to improve accountability
- Human Resource Functions in heath care organizations
- Relationship between heath care cost and quality
- the value of ratio analysis in decision making for heath care organizations
- Effects of medication errors on patient safety and heath care as a whole
- Role of PCORI in the development and dissemination of CER Data
- a quantitative essay critique using PICO and the John Hopkins appraisal tool