Vulnerable Populations and Health Disparities
Using the readings and resources assigned this week:
Select a vulnerable population and discuss the strengths and weaknesses of the current healthcare legislation and policies that support this population.
What steps could be taken to further empower this vulnerable population and their families to improve health outcomes and reduce health disparities?
Policy and Politics for Nurses and Other Health Professionals
Chapter 4: Population Health Care: Access, Cost, and Quality
Chapter 6: Mental and Behavioral Health
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. (2013). CDC health disparities and inequalities report.
Read the Executive Summary and reference it in papers and discussion posts.
This site outlines our nation’s health priorities, identifies target actions, and monitors outcomes on health disparities.
National Health Care Quality and Disparities Reports
The annual National Health Care Quality and Disparities Report (QDR) is mandated by Congress to provide a comprehensive overview of the quality of health care received by the general U.S. population and disparities in care experienced by different racial and socioeconomic groups.
Please read the latest report.
Vulnerable Populations and Health Disparities Related posts:
- Describe a vulnerable population in terms of research. Why is the population considered vulnerable? What other groups might also be considered vulnerable populations.
- Select one of the \”priority populations\” and explain the disparities this population faces. What strategies have been implemented to combat these disparities on the local and national levels? Have they been successful? Include reference citations where appropriate.
- Identify a population that you will likely serve as an advanced registered nurse that you think is particularly vulnerable to issues of health disparities/inequity
- Identify a vulnerable population. Explain why they are considered vulnerable and two (2) strategies you could use to protect them during research or interventions. Be specific and use examples. Use proper APA format and cite the course references as appropriate. See Discussion Rubric under Read Me First, Course Specific Resources.
- Reducing health disparities among populations as one of the goals of Healthy People 2020
- Discuss your role as an advocate and healthcare leader in promoting positive social change as a scholar-practitioner to improve the health of vulnerable populations in your community.
- People at health risks or vulnerable populations
- psycho-social needs of vulnerable female populations and issues impacting culturally competent delivery of women’s health care
- Explore federal agencies that are concerned with Women’s Health. Which ones may be of benefit to vulnerable women populations
- Capstone Icare Paper
- Custom Essay on Personal leadership model