The media, and Hollywood in particular, represent one avenue in which the general public becomes familiar with the role of nurses. How does the media positively or negatively influence the public’s image of nursing? What other avenues may better educate the general public on the role and scope of nursing as well as the changing health care system?
- Select an advanced professional or advanced practice nursing specialty. How has past and current regulation/legislation affected the role and scope of this nursing role? What, if any, discussions are currently underway relative to the scope and role of this specialty? What resources are available to assist nurses in advocating for these roles?
- How does the media positively or negatively influence the public’s image of nursing?
- Identify at least three regulatory bodies or industry regulations that specify certification, licensure requirements, or scope of practice for your specialty. (Hospice nurse RN) Discuss the way these bodies or regulations influence the educational requirements and experiences for your specialty. Advanced practice registered nurses must incorporate the APRN consensus model in their response.
- Given present public health and healthcare trends, where are employment opportunities for public health professionals most likely to arise in the coming years? What knowledge/skills are likely to be needed by public health workers in the future that are different from those of the pas
- Compare and contrast two nursing theories. How do they differ based on their intent, scope, and goals? Which one might be more relevant to your future role, and why? 300 words
- Compares scope of practice of newly Registered Nurses to that of Registered Nurses (RN), Enrolled Nurses (EN), Assistants in Nursing (AIN) and other Health Care Worker (HCW) roles
- an explanation of whether or not you think the prevalence of HIV cases might be attributed to increased complacency due to more advanced drug treatment options.Then, explain how health care professionals can help to change perceptions and increase awareness of the realities of the disease. Finally, describe strategies to educate HIV positive patients on medication adherence, as well as safe practices to reduce the risk of infecting others
- Discuss current factors that influence the public’s image of professional nursing?
- Write a plan to educate the nursing staff on C.diff and ways to prevent it from spreading
- An informal presentation (500-700 words) to educate nurses about how the practice of nursing is expected to grow and change