Signature Assignment- Personal Theoretical Framework for Advanced Practice Nursing
You have spent six weeks exploring theories of nursing. These represent the “how” of what we do as nurses. This week we enter a higher level of thought and explore the “why” of what we do. Present a personal nursing philosophy. Apply what you have read throughout the course and explore the literature on nursing philosophy. While Fawcett was not a nursing theorist, she is a nursing philosopher and her metaparadigm of Nursing approaches philosophy over theory.
Once you have discussed your philosophy, identify a theoretical framework (not the middle-range theories but the underlying assumptions in that framework) that fits your philosophy. Compare and contrast your philosophy and the chosen framework. Describe a possible situation in which the framework may conflict or not fit your philosophy. While it is an important skill to be able to match a theory with a situation, it is also critical to understand when a theory or framework does not fit a situation.
Signature Assignment- Personal Theoretical Framework for Advanced Practice Nursing Related posts:
- Theoretical Framework Paper: formulate and defend a conceptual/theoretical framework that supports your practice and role as a masters-prepared nurse
- Personal Nursing Practice Framework/ Theoretical Foundations of Nursing Practice
- What do you believe about the influences of theory on nursing practice? What value do you place on using a model for practice as an advanced practice registered nurse? Has your philosophy of advanced practice nursing change
- Week 7 Assignment: Theoretical Framework to Support Evidence-based Practice: PowerPoint Presentation
- draw parallels between the history of advanced practice nursing and current events impacting advanced practice nursing
- Benchmark Assignment – Analysis of a Theoretical Framework for Leadership
- Identifying a framework
- Comparing the United States and the German healthcare systems