Orlando Theory PowerPoint & Case Study: Ann, a community nurse, made an afternoon home visit with Susan and her father
Please create a PowerPoint to answer the following:
Case study: Ann, a community nurse, made an afternoon home visit with Susan and her father. After the death of her mother, Susan had growing concerns about her father living alone. \”I worry about my father all the time. He is becoming more forgetful and he has trouble seeing. Mom used to take care of him. I am not sleeping and I am irritable around him. Yesterday I shouted at him because he wouldn’t let me help him with his laundry. I felt terrible! I am at my wits’ end! My brothers and sisters do not want to put dad in a nursing home but they are not willing to help out.
As usual, they have left me with all the responsibility. I work part time and have two small children to care for.” Susan\’s father, Sam, sat quietly with tears filling his eyes. He was well nourished and well-groomed but would not make eye contact. Nurse Ann noticed that the house was clean and orderly. A tray in front of the TV had the remains of a ham sandwich and glass of ice tea. Mail was piled up, unopened on a small table near the front door. There was only one car in the driveway and the yard was in need of attention.
What questions does Orlando’s theory guide the nurse to consider in caring for Susan and Sam?
Develop a family plan of care from the perspective of Orlando.
Explore the 1950 and 60’s in the United States:
Explore was happening in the United States during this time (culture, social, economics, struggles)
What did nursing look like during this time (what were their jobs like, responsibilities, dress, autonomy, respect)
What is the most influential accomplishment in nursing theory from the 1950’s and 1960’s?
Length: 14-20 slides
Structure: Include a title slide, objective slide, content slides, reference slide in APA format. Title/Objective/Reference slides do not count towards the minimum slide count for this assignment.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of four (4) outside scholarly sources and the textbook are required for this assignment.
Orlando Theory PowerPoint & Case Study: Ann, a community nurse, made an afternoon home visit with Susan and her father Related posts:
- AIDS/HIV IN GREATER ORLANDO, FLORIDA AREA
- Unit 9 Assignment: Final Paper and PowerPoint Presentation: write a paper that will review your entire quality improvement project along with a PowerPoint presentation to summarize the project.
- Create a Kaltura presentation using PowerPoint on a selected nursing practitioner speciality PowerPoint
- Choose a middle-range theory or grand theory that, in your opinion, can be applied to practice. What are the assumptions underpinning this theory? Discuss how this theory finds application in your area of practice.
- Nursing Theory review PowerPoint
- What are the strengths and weakness of transformational leadership theory and leader-member theory (LMX)? How might your knowledge of the LMX theory help you to become a better leader?
- Managed Care Program-PowerPoint Presentation
- Interview a Nurse practitioner ho has been practicing for at least 3 years, and conduct an interview with them using the questions developed by the team: PowerPoint
- Nursing informatics PowerPoint
- Nurses “eating their young” PowerPoint Presentation
- Ethical And Policy Factors In Care Coordination
- Principles of Performance management