Nursing Leadership and Management
The project is about a change in the process for patient report from the Emergency Center (EC) to inpatient units in the hospital. The hospital is Providence St Peter Hospital in Olympia, WA. The
project will utilize a ‘no call report’. The hospital utilizes EPIC as their EMR and there will be a SMART phrase added in the EC’s charting that must be filled out when the patient is placed up
The SMART phrase will have if they are ambulatory (how many
assist/bedbound/walker), orientation (confused/combative/alert and oriented), Covid testing
status. EPIC provides health HX, medication HX, EC results, and vital sign flowsheets. It will be
required that a new set of vital signs and a blood sugar if pt is diabetic be done prior to transport
to the inpatient floor. When the patient is placed up for admission by the EC physician, the
patient placement navigator will look to make sure that the SMART phrase has been done, if not
they will send a secure chat reminder to the primary RN. Once it is in the PP navigator will place
the patient on the bed board of the appropriate floor. They will inform the charge nurse on that
floor who will assign the patient to a room on their floor. If the room is still dirty this will place a
STAT clean on the room. Once the room shows READY, the EC can place request in for
transport. This process allows for the patient to move to the inpatient side quicker. It also keeps
the EC RN from having to leave another pts room to call report or to play phone tag with the
accepting RN. It also will alert housekeeping to a STAT clean and the room will be prioritized
for cleaning. The project will exclude the pediatric unit and Cardiovascular ICU (CVICU) and
Neuro/trauma ICU (NTICU). These floors require a bedside report from EC RN to the unit RN.
Please reach out with any questions. I will be working on TASK 1 during this time and setting
up the project. Thank you!!!
I am doing A and B in the rubric
C. Summarize your project by doing the following:
1. Identify the clinical or organizational problem.
2. Describe why the problem you have identified requires a practice change, quality
improvement, or innovation, including supporting evidence.
Note: Evidence can be internal, based on clinical expertise, and/or from scholarly literature.
3. Explain the causes of the problem.
4. Identify the stakeholders.
a. Discuss each stakeholder’s interest, power, and influence in relation to the project.
D. Explain the purpose of your project.
E. Explain your proposed solution for your project.
F. Provide an evidence summary to support your proposed change.
1. Provide a reference list for your evidence summary in APA format that includes a minimum
of five scholarly, peer-reviewed sources that were published within the last five years.
Note: This reference list refers specifically to your evidence summary only.
G. Explain your proposed implementation plan, which includes the following:
1. plan of action- I will do. Did not add below.
2. timeline- I will do. Did not add below.
3. needed resources and personnel
4. proposed change theory
5. barriers to implementation
H. When you use sources, include all in-text citations and references in APA format.
Nursing Leadership and Management Related posts:
- Nursing Leadership and Management – Theories and Concepts in Leadership and Management
- Select an individual that you believe exhibits authentic leadership. This individual can be historical or contemporary. Provide specific examples that support how this person exhibits authentic leadership. What is the role of authentic leadership in creating trust and followership in this example, and how can it improve organizations?
- What characteristics result in toxic leadership? What are the possible repercussions of toxic leadership? Provide a personal experience (do not disclose specific names) or public example of toxic leadership.
- Leadership Self-Assessment: Explain your personal leadership style through the use of leadership and personality assessments
- Nursing Leadership and Management – Applying Servant Leadership in Practice
- Analyze leadership and management roles in change management
- Delta Pacific Case Study: Analyze leadership and management roles in change management
- Nursing Leadership: Summarize your leadership style, including your strengths for leading others
- Ego Integrity Presentation
- Cancer and women’s health