Mental Health in the Community
Write a 1000-1500 word essay addressing each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. There should be three main sections, one for each bullet below. Separate each section in your paper with a clear heading that allows your professor to know which bullet you are addressing in that section of your paper. Support your ideas with at least three (3) sources using citations in your essay. Make sure to cite using the APA writing style for the essay.
The cover page and reference page in correct APA do not count towards the minimum word amount. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
Mental Health in the Community Part 1:
1. Go to the Healthy People 2020 website
2. Search for the option in \”M\” for Mental Health and Mental Disorders and click into this option
3. After reading the Overview section for Mental Health and Mental Disorders, click into the Objectives for this section.
4. From the Objective section, pick TWO objectives/goals from the list that you feel affect YOUR community (either your county, city, or state)
5. In your paper, note the number of the TWO objectives chosen as well as the names and explain why these TWO were chosen related to YOUR community.
6. As a nurse in your community, what can YOU do to help the community move towards these two objectives/goals? (this is about what YOU personally can do, ok to use first person)
1. Explain how physical health and mental health are correlated. What impact does each have on the other?
2. Give at least one detailed example of how either a specific physical ailment leads to a breakdown in mental health or how a specific mental health disorder can lead to physical issues. Be specific and detailed.
1. Explain Trauma Informed Care in detail.
2. As a nurse, how can YOU use Trauma Informed Care to assist a child who has been impacted by trauma? (this is about what YOU personally can do, ok to use first person)
Length: 1000-1500 words; answers must thoroughly address the questions in a clear, concise manner.
Structure: Include a title page and reference page in APA format. These do not count towards the minimum word count for this assignment. Your essay must include an introduction and a conclusion.
References: Use appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. A minimum of three (3) outside scholarly sources are required.
* Please no numbers on pages
* Please cite within paper
Mental Health in the Community Related posts:
- Provide an analysis of your surveyed community and what health-related community need is present. Define the methodology of the health improvement program you will use to solve this problem also include a time line. Include any higher level of care management and policy decision that APNs who work in the community would need to be partner with either community-based consortiums or health care policy makers
- What is the significance of professional Therapeutic Communication in Mental Health Nursing and how this tool significantly affects mental health consumers?
- Describe the provisions for involvement of family and nominated carers in mental health treatment within the NSW Mental Health Act 2007
- Mental Health and Aging: older adults especially racial-ethnic minority groups under use or non-use of mental health service
- Mental Health: The historical care and treatment of people with a mental illness
- Mental Health: The historical care and treatment of people with a mental illness has provided strong evidence to underpin the need for less paternalistic, more inclusive models of care
- Mental Well-Being and Mental Health
- How would you provide care for a community if your idea of a healthy community does not match your community’s definition of a healthy community?
- Explain the role of community and public health nursing and community partnerships as they apply to the participating family’s community.
- Collaborative Learning Community assignment: Performing a direct assessment of a community of interest using the “Functional Health Patterns Community Assessment Guide
- NR 510 Week 7 Reflection TD
- Summary and Descriptive Statistics