Week 2 Reflection Post Prompt: Reflect and give at least two (2) examples on how you think you have met the program student learning outcome: Analyze current scientific research for application of findings to initiate change and to improve practice. Post your reflection in 100 to 150 words. No references required
Solution/Reflection on the program
The advanced level nursing program is critical in preparing nurse leaders who value learning and applying evidence-based practice and health informatics to improve patient care and outcomes. One of the program’s outcomes is advocacy for patients, communities, and health professionals. I’ve met this learning outcome through patient education in a simple language free of medical jargon throughout my practice. Also, this has been demonstrated in my interaction with my colleagues through handing over notes. I’ve always documented important patient information and updated the receiving team on any changes in the patient. For instance, I once had a patient whose cultural beliefs did not permit him to take pork. I updated the kitchen team so that they would adjust his meals. As a result, he had beef instead of pork.
Another outcome is demonstrating leadership in administering competent and safe patient care even in the community setting. I’ve met this outcome in my community health practice. For instance, I supervised waste disposal at a medical camp for diabetes and hypertension. I ensured there were enough safety boxes for sharps disposal and correctly labeled bins for waste segregation.
In professional practice, I will patient and community advocacy to improve the interaction between health professionals and patients. Patient education is a powerful strategy in the recovery process. According to Nsiah, Siakwa, and Ninnoni (2019), knowing their condition and prognosis gives them the confidence to take care of themselves, adhere to the treatment regimen, participate in the treatment and have autonomy over the treatment options available for their condition. Therefore, health education is vital in maintaining patient safety in healthcare delivery.
Nsiah, C., Siakwa, M., & Ninnoni, J. P. (2019). Registered nurses’ description of patient advocacy in the clinical setting. Nursing Open, 6(3), 1124-1132.
- NUR 304 Nursing Informatics The Engaged Patient: Website Evaluation Homework
- Bacca Capstone: Synth/Evaluate (NUR-495-01HNB, NUR-495-01HNA)
- Compare two different advanced registered nurse roles with regard to ethical guidelines. Are there any differences in the ethical guidelines that govern these roles? What situations might require one role to respond differently, depending on the ethical guidelines?
- Teaching Strategies (compare and contrast) Guidelines and Rubric
- ISCOM/305 Week 3 Week 3 Operations Management Problem Exercises
- NR 305 – week 6 – Milestone 2 – Patient teaching Plan
- HCA 305 Week 1 Discussion Questions
- HCA 305 Week 3 Discussion Questions
- a current issue in the media, IOM website or another government or medical organization’s website
- HLTWHS002 FOLLOW SAFE WORK PRACTICES FOR DIRECT CLIENT CARE ASSESSMENT
- Ethical And Legal Implications Of Prescribing Drugs
- The Lifestyle And Health Practices Profile Is To Be Submitted At The End Of Week 2.
- Nursing Informatics Best Practices
- Patient education methodologies and Role of DNP nurse making a difference in the quality and delivery of patient education in Clinical Practice
- Scholarly Paper and Multimedia presentation for C791 (Advanced Information Management and Application
- Multimedia presentation: health information systems
- Analyze a specific, recent outbreak of a global communicable disease that has crossed international borders (i.e. TB outbreak, Haiti to U.S.)
- PowerPoint: Choose a specific ecosystem to research and analyze the impact of humans on that ecosystem
- Discuss How Geopolitical And Phenomenological Place Influence The Context Of A Population Or Community Assessment And Intervention
- Discuss TWO EXAMPLES of how provisions from a nursing code of ethics influence your practice
- Discuss a scenario in which you, as a nurse, safeguarded two of the following principles for the patient
- SCHOLARLY PAPER About A Nursing Theory
- Evaluate the Health History and Medical Information for Mr. C.
- Developing an Advocacy Campaign