Healthcare workers play a significant role in ensuring the safety of citizens via scientific practices provided and approved by medical practitioners. Quality healthcare deliverables ensure high-quality survival rates and should be encouraged by society. Desirable actions entail informing the community about their roles in various aspects, such as hygiene. Articulating relevant information is significant in enhancing the health of society. People will become known to make conscious and meaningful decisions regarding public health information. Through this, there is an improvement in productivity due to good health. The information presented to the community should be structured in an easily understandable manner. Health care workers play varied actions to promote population and community health.
Planning and implementing health education programs are the primary approaches to disease prevention and health promotion programs. Health professionals can organize and implement health education programs for populations on how they can be stewards of their developmental and health protection from diseases (Kabasakal & Kublay, 2017). Health workers also educate people on upholding the prevention of illness before its occurrence. Health care education to the public provides structured learning opportunities related to health literacy practices, such as increased knowledge and life skills advancement to improve the community and individual health. Primary health care providers possess the skills and expertise to educate the population about appropriate lifestyle behaviors that promote personal health.
Health professionals advocate for social change within the community. They can advocate for policies that can improve social conditions which influence the state of the health of vulnerable groups and less disadvantaged persons (Williams et al. 2018). The likelihood of achieving good health is limited among economically and socially disadvantaged populations. Advocating for social change can lead to good social policies to promote fairness and justice and addresses the social determinants of health. Health professional portrays a highly influential power in articulating the health effects of social challenges to inspire more comprehensive policy responses. Healthcare professionals can encourage the participation of social movements that lobby for affordable care and address interventions that lessen health disparities. They can intercede in the place of the population needs by presenting data collected from pertinent research on the determinant of health affecting the population.
Getting involved in assessing community health needs and planning by health care workers incredibly promotes population and community health. Health professionals strive to resolve the potential health needs of the people. Identifying the population’s health concerns through getting involved in activities within the community enables the health providers to set priorities for resolving them effectively. Community health planning commences from health professionals’ diagnoses. Residents intend to attain and utilize high-quality services provided by health care professionals while assessing their needs. Health panning highlights the promotion and protection of the population’s health. Health surveillance and community improvement are enhanced when health care professionals consider population health needs.
Health care professionals can provide informal counseling, articulate primary prevention, and health screening, and refer patients immediately to health sector persons with suspected illnesses. Health care can utilize their knowledge in community health by engaging outreach services such as medical camps to screen for diseases and refer where necessary (Edelman et al., 2017). Outreach service by medical professionals impacts the community’s health since it is accessible outside healthcare facilities. Healthcare professionals can counsel clients on their lifestyle behaviors and educate the community on health prevention. Collecting data from outreach services helps to relay information to relevant stakeholders to inform programs and policies. Health professionals also provide culturally appropriate educational topics for chronic disease prevention, nutrition, and physical activity.
Williams, S., Phillips, J., & Koyama, K. (2018). Nurse Advocacy: Adopting a Health in All Policies Approach. The Online Journal of Issues in Nursing, 23(3): 1. Population & Community Health Promotion Sample Essay
Edelman, C., Mandle, C., & Kudzma, E. (2017). Health Promotion Throughout Life Span – E-Book. New York: Elsevier Health Sciences
Kabasakal, E., & Kublay, G. (2017). Health Education and Health Promotion Skills of Health Care Professionals Working in Family Health Centers. International Journal of Medical Research & Health Sciences, 6(3): 22-28
- Screening, Brief Intervention, And Referral To Treatment (SBIRT) Is An Evidence-Based Practice Intervention Used To Identify, Reduce, And Prevent Problematic Use, Abuse, And Dependence On Substances Such As Tobacco, Alcohol And Illicit Drugs. The SBIRT M
- After working with your preceptor to assess organizational policies, create a list of measurable outcomes for your capstone project intervention. Write a list of three to five outcomes for your proposed intervention
- Assignment: Literature Review: The Use Of Clinical Systems To Improve Outcomes And Efficiencies AND Discussion: The Inclusion Of Nurses In The Systems Development Life Cycle
- Discuss the health care support systems available in your community for someone of this culture. If no support systems are available in your community, identify a national resource.
- PICOT (A system for formulating a clear research question; P is for problem or population, I is for intervention, C is for comparison, O is for outcome of interest, and T is for time of study) is utilized by the health care community to identify and study a nursing or medical practice problem.
- This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.As a group, identify a research or evidence-based article published within the last 5 years that focuses comprehensively on a specific intervention or new treatment tool for the management of diabetes in adults or children.
- Select a nursing research article from the list below that includes a theoretical or conceptual framework and the exploration of a clinical problem. Identify the nursing research article components using the Week 5 research template.
- CLC – Evidence-Based Practice Project: Intervention Presentation On Diabetes
- How Geopolitacal And Phenomenological The Context Of A Population Or Community Assessment And Intervention
- Create 3 outlines of 1 page each of your response plan for three intervention scenarios.
- 1.Research and describe a product ideation model or methodology. Describe the ideation approach and how you might use it in your collaboration assignment for this module. 2.Explain the importance of using a structured innovation process in your organization to enable innovation.
- Health Information Management (HIM) professionals must be aware of the laws affecting fraud and abuse, in addition to the laws affecting the management of personnel within their department.
- Certification of nursing specialty and patient outcomes of nursing-sensitive operations within intensive care division
- DEVRY NR447 WEEK 2 Professional Organization, Certification
- Airport Certification Manual
- Trends affecting healthcare
- Trends affecting healthcare
- Discuss the work of the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation Committee Initiative on the Future of Nursing and the Institute of Medicine research that led to the IOM report
- Community initiative if i had unlimited funds