How to write a nursing essay on professional leadership based on a program for student learning outcome
Week 6 Reflection Post Prompt: Reflect and give at least two (2) examples on how you think you have met the program student learning outcome:
Model a professional leadership role that fosters improvement of healthcare and advocates scholarly activities to advance self and profession.
Post your reflection in 100 to 150 words. No references required.
Meeting The Learning Outcomes
The advanced courses offered in the master’s program in nursing provide students with opportunities to enhance their leadership skills and competency in healthcare service delivery. One of the learning outcomes is incorporating ethical principles in advanced nursing practice clinical situations. I upheld the ethical principle of beneficence in my clinical experience by ensuring patient safety through medication administration. Calculating dosages as per the patient’s weight and administering the right amount through the correct route minimizes medication errors.
Also, I collaborated with other healthcare professionals, such as physicians, nutritionists, physiotherapists, social workers, and psychotherapists, in managing patients. As a result, I met the learning outcome that requires interprofessional collaboration to enhance patient and population health outcomes.
Professional leadership role
Professional leadership has a significant role in improving healthcare and advocating for evidence-based practices that contribute to self and professional advancement. A strategist leader identifies a health problem, seeks a solution, and successfully implements it. A stepwise application of procedures guides leaders towards achieving the goal, which results in healthcare improvement. Self and professional advancement are realized by being inquisitive and taking regular action to discover new practices that solve health problems. Strategists leaders are experts at problem identification and formulating plans to address them before issues arise. They influence their followers to think critically and observe their environment keenly.
- Read the patient case studies below. List 3 differential diagnosis for each and why you believe these to be solid options that should be considered by the provider. Copy and paste the patient scenarios into a word document and use bullet points below each patient for your differential diagnosis, and then upload the assignment.
- After working with your preceptor to assess organizational policies, create a list of measurable outcomes for your capstone project intervention. Write a list of three to five outcomes for your proposed intervention
- 11-year-old boy complains of wheezing and difficulty “getting enough air.” Notices it more when he is playing baseball and symptoms improve when exercise activity stops. He says that the symptoms are getting worse and the symptoms are even occurring at rest
- In this Assignment, you examine a case study and analyze the symptoms presented. You identify the elements that may be factors in the diagnosis, and you explain the implications to patient health.
- Pediatric patient evaluations must involve a combination of patient input, parent input, and your own observations from physical exams and diagnostics. As you read the following the case study, consider the source (i.e., patient, parent, or practitioner) of the provided patient information.
- Write a 500-750-word essay on the influence patient education has in health care using the experiences of a patient. Interview a friend or family member about that person’s experiences with the health care system. You may develop your own list of questions.
- You will complete Part 1 of a case-study activity that you will continue to address next week. The case study is a true-to-life example of an ethical dilemma related to patient right to refuse care. It will provide you with an opportunity to practice application of selected decision-making models for identification and resolution of dilemma.
- You will complete Part 1 of a case-study activity that you will continue to address next week. The case study is a true-to-life example of an ethical dilemma related to patient right to refuse care.
- Use the Episodic/Focused SOAP Template and create an episodic/focused note about the patient in the case study to which you were assigned using the episodic/focused note template provided in the Week 5 resources. Provide evidence from the literature to support diagnostic tests that would be appropriate for each case.
- A description of what you see in your assigned patient x-ray. Then, explain whether the patient has an enlarged heart, enlarged blood vessels, fluid in the lungs, and/or pneumonia in the lungs. And explain your rationale behind your diagnosis .
- Foundations of Motivation- Prepare a 5–6 page paper (excluding the title page and references), on how organizational culture impacts nursing leadership and how you will effectively address the organizational culture.
- Explain, in your own words, the terms “mission,” “vision,” “goals,” and “values” statements. What is the practical purpose of a statement of organizational values?
- Describe the role of organizational development in contemporary organizations. How does organizational development help organizations prepare for or implement change? Provide an example from your organization.
- Organizational Culture and Values PowerPoint presentation
- Identifying General Values- Core values held by an individual; values related to the nature of humankind and society