There is a significant health burden to healthcare caused by the ever-increasing rates of new diabetes mellitus cases in the U.S. and worldwide. The prevalence of mortality rates, and diabetic-related complications, including kidney failure, blindness, and lower limb extremities, are increasing, overburdening the healthcare systems (U.S. Department of Health and Human Services, 2022). Hence the need to initiate preventive strategies to decrease the disease burden and ensure improvement of the quality of life for all persons at risk or already diagnosed with diabetes. The governments created programs to provide equitable access to health for everyone to improve health outcomes and promote a healthy society.
The national diabetes prevention program (NDPP) partners with the public and private sectors to prevent diabetes mellitus (CDC, 2020). This is achieved by encouraging people at risk to participate in evidenced-based lifestyle modification programs due to their effectiveness in preventing or delaying the onset of the disorder. The program’s key components are support groups for individuals with the same goals, trained lifestyles coaches, and a curriculum approved by the CDC consisting of handouts to enable people to make informed healthy choices.
It is also important to educate the patients on the importance of behavioral modifications, such as adhering to dietary restrictions consisting of limited carbohydrates and caloric intake. Also, regular exercises and regular screening for diabetic complications should be adhered to. Patients already diagnosed with D.M. should comply with the treatment regime and constantly monitor their blood glucose levels, foot care, and follow-up (Sapra & Bhandari, 2022). A multidisciplinary approach consisting of physicians, nurses, nutritionists, and podiatrists should be utilized to enhance comprehensive care provision, leading to improved patient outcomes.
CDC. (2020, May 21). Lifestyle Change Program Details | National Diabetes Prevention Program | Diabetes | CDC. Www.cdc.gov. https://www.cdc.gov/diabetes/prevention/lcp-details.html
Sapra, A., & Bhandari, P. (2022). Diabetes Mellitus. PubMed; StatPearls Publishing. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK551501/#:~:text=According%20to%20the%20American%20Diabetes
U.S. Department of Health and Human Services. (2022, June 2). Diabetes | Healthy People 2020. Wayback.archive-It.org. https://wayback.archive-it.org/5774/20220413183301/https://www.healthypeople.gov/2020/topics-objectives/topic/diabetes
- In this Assignment you will continue developing your Academic Success and Professional Development Plan by developing the fifth component–a portfolio for your academic and professional efforts.
- This is a Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) assignment.As a group, identify a research or evidence-based article published within the last 5 years that focuses comprehensively on a specific intervention or new treatment tool for the management of diabetes in adults or children.
- MN551-2: Apply knowledge of tissue and organ structure and function to physiologic alterations in systems and analyze the cause and effect relationship in response to disease.
- Analyze and Apply Dashboard Data
- Post a description of how you would diagnose and prescribe treatment for the patient in the scenario. Then explain how the factor you selected might impact the diagnosis and prescription of treatment for that patient
- While the implementation plan prepares students to apply their research to the problem or issue they have identified for their capstone change proposal project, the literature review enables students to map out and move into the active planning and development stages of the project.
- While the implementation plan prepares students to apply their research to the problem or issue they have identified for their capstone project change proposal, the literature review enables students to map out and move into the active planning and development stages of the project.
- NR 449 Evidence BASED Practice RUA Analyzing Published Research
- RUA: Analyzing Published Research
- Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word strategic objectives summary. Include your balanced scorecard and its impact on all stakeholders, and the communication plan.
- Music therapy and mental health
- Describe the immediate outcomes that result from “ being cared “ for . How important are these to a patient’s health outcomes ?
- In adults with diabetic foot ulcers does negative pressure wound therapy leads to better wound healing compared to Standard moist wound therapy
- The use of technology is increasing in all health care settings. How does technology affect patient outcomes?Identify two (2) advantages and…
- Implement a comprehensive care team utilizing IT resources
- Describe the similarities and differences between system outcomes and system outlook? What is the relationship between outcomes and outlook?
- Reflect on a patient who presented with abdominal pain. Describe the patient’s personal and medical history, drug therapy and treatments, and follow-up care.
- behavior therapy and cognitive behavior therapy