Advanced practice nurse utilizes uses their education, experience, and medical expertise to establish and expand their businesses in the healthcare industry. They apply inventiveness, successful business practices, investment strategies, and problem-solving skills (Copelli et al., 2019). It facilitates the opportunities for unemployed nurses to create cooperatives that provide healthcare services to underprivileged communities in rural areas. This is beneficial in ensuring access to the population’s healthcare needs and promoting health outcomes.
APN entrepreneurship is advantageous because it allows the nurses to acquire and distribute medical supplies or equipment, provide direct patient care, train other professionals or community members, or offer health-related consultation (Copelli et al., 2019). However, the significant challenge is the work-life imbalance due to juggling various roles. Also, a lack of business skills and competency can cause the failure of business opportunities.
An intrapreneur is an employee who assumes responsibility for their position within a company. They rely on their effort and a genuine sense of accomplishment to establish a reputation for themselves at work. APN intrapreneur takes on leadership roles at work, paving the way for promotion and greater opportunity (Letsie, 2021). It allows room for autonomy, which improves the employees’ productivity, motivation and well-being. According to Letsie( 2021), some barriers include authoritative leadership that leaves no room for autonomy, inadequate finances to enhance innovative initiatives and ethical and cultural conflicts whereby the profit-making moves contradict professional values.
I prefer the APN entrepreneur business model. This is because it offers a broad career path for nurses to choose one that is preferable. In addition, the increased autonomy in this model will enhance creativity allowing the highest potential to be achieved.
Copelli, F. H. da S., Erdmann, A. L., & Santos, J. L. G. dos. (2019). Entrepreneurship in Nursing: an integrative literature review. Revista Brasileira de Enfermagem, 72(suppl 1), 289–298. https://doi.org/10.1590/0034-7167-2017-0523
Letsie, T. M. (2021). Barriers of Intrapreneurship Practice at South African Public Hospitals: Perspectives of Unit Nurse Managers. Global Journal of Health Science, 13(4), 1. https://doi.org/10.5539/gjhs.v13n4p1
- This Is A Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) Assignment. In Your Collaborative Learning Community, Write A Paper Of 500-1,000 Words That Describes The History Of The Identified Health Issue.
- Screening, Brief Intervention, And Referral To Treatment (SBIRT) Is An Evidence-Based Practice Intervention Used To Identify, Reduce, And Prevent Problematic Use, Abuse, And Dependence On Substances Such As Tobacco, Alcohol And Illicit Drugs. The SBIRT M
- This Is About CAUTI (Catheter Acquired Urinary Tract Infection) This Is A Collaborative Learning Community (CLC) Assignment. Locate No More Than 10 Research Articles Related To Your EBP Project. Use The Assigned Topic Materials “CLC: EBP Research Tab
- Review the Congress website provided in the Resources and identify one recent (within the past 5 years) proposed health policy. Review the health policy you identified and reflect on the background and development of this health policy.
- Assignment 1: Case Study Assignment: Assessment Tools And Diagnostic Tests In Adults And Children: RAPID STREP TESTING IN CHILDREN
- CLC – Evidence-Based Practice Project: Intervention Presentation On Diabetes
- Week 6: Discussion: Treatment Of Psychiatric Emergencies In Children Versus Adults
- Treatment Of Psychiatric Emergencies In Children Versus Adults
- In this Portfolio Assignment, you will continue to analyze the results and apply published research to the development of a proposed treatment for any issues uncovered by the assessment.
- Precise development: literature review in which you compare and contrast 4 studies in your field of interest.
- CRITICALLY ANALYZE AND REFLECTIVELY DISCUSS THE CONCEPT OF EXPERT CLINICAL LEADERSHIP AND ITS ASSOCIATION WITH ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE IN HEALTH CARE
- Emotions and types of perception
- Animal Emotions
- Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word strategic objectives summary. Include your balanced scorecard and its impact on all stakeholders, and the communication plan.
- Discuss strategies to build a higher professional self-esteem. Discuss ways to empower nurses.
- Self-Massage and Meditation in Self-Care