NUR-665E Nursing Education Practicum
Directions: Complete the documentation form. Type in your response in the unshaded box below each question. The form will expand for as long as you type. The purpose of this assignment is to document meeting the competency and to promote deep reflection on your practicum activities. Consider reviewing course textbooks: Certified Nurse Educator Review Book: The Official NLN Guide to the CNE Exam and NLN Core Competencies for Nurse Educators: A Decade of Influence for suggested practicum activities.
9 and 10
|Nurse Educator Competency 5: Pursue Systematic Self-Evaluation and Improvement in the Academic Nurse Educator Role.|
|Learner Name: Date(s):|
|Complete this section before you begin the weeks’ clinical.||Learning Goals: What do you want to accomplish for Competency 5: Pursue Systematic Self-Evaluation and Improvement in the Academic Nurse Educator Role?
Be sure your goals are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time bound (S.M.A.R.T. goals).
Some goals should reflect higher cognitive learning levels in Bloom’s taxonomy.
|My goal/s for this competency is/are to:
1. Analyze the implemented lesson plan and teaching practices to enhance the learning of students throughout the course.
2. Collaborate with colleagues to design, implement, and evaluate teaching and learning strategies to improve student learning throughout the course.
3. Use self-evaluation tools to assess my competencies and areas of improvement at the end of the course.
|Resources and Strategies: What type of resources or strategies will you utilize to accomplish your learning goals? Include both human and material resources.|
|The resources (human and material) and strategies I need to meet my weekly goal are:
1. Lesson plan to ensure teaching according to the outlined plan.
2. Nurse educators to aid in collaborative practices.
3. Students to give feedback upon completion of the course.
4. Formative and summative assessments will determine the accomplishment of learning goals.
5. Efforts in scholarly inquiry and application to improve in certain areas of practice.
|Measurement: How will you know that you have accomplished your learning goal(s)? What criteria will you use to measure this?|
|The criteria I will use to measure my goals are:
1. Feedback from the students should demonstrate the instructor’s understanding of content and ability to transfer the knowledge to students.
2. Learning will reflect on overall grading in formative and summative student assessments.
3. Proper functioning within nursing and interprofessional teams.
|Complete this section after you complete the weeks’ clinical.||Evaluation: Did you meet your goal? What did you accomplish that you can use as evidence that you met your learning goals?
|Did you meet your goal? Why or why not?
Although the course is not over, I have managed to meet some of my goals. For example, I have worked with interprofessional teams and planned joint educational sessions. Through regular assessment of the learning process, I have managed to provide adequate learning resources to students and I am still organizing practicals that can aid in enhancing student learning.
|Reflect on Competency 5, analyzing your practicum experiences: Be sure to connect your experiences directly to the competency.|
|Reflection: Self-reflection is a practice that helps nurse educators to determine areas of competence to improve their practice. Through the utilization of formative student assessments, I was able to include additional learning materials to enhance the student’s knowledge and skills. Feedback from the students regarding my teaching strategies was satisfactory. Additionally, collaboration with internal stakeholders helped to improve some areas of my lesson plan to suit the needs of the learners. I believe the ongoing practicals can improve the acquisition of psychomotor skills and promote critical thinking among students. Upon completion of this course, I intend to receive satisfactory feedback from students that will sum up improvement in the academic nurse educator role.
Clinical hours completed this topic:
Total clinical hours completed to date:
- What Do You Think Are Some Effective Tactics For APN Strategic Positioning Regarding Pay Equality? Should APNs Position Themselves As Lower-Cost Providers Who Provide Better Care Or Push For Comparable Worth, Same Service And Same Pay?
- Review the performance dashboard for a health care organization, as well as relevant local, state, and federal laws and policies. Then, write a 3-4 page report for senior leaders in the organization that communicates your analysis and evaluation of the current state of organizational performance, including a recommended metric to target for improvement.
- Draft a written proposal and implementation guidelines for an organizational policy that you believe would help lead to an improvement in quality and performance associated with the benchmark metric for which you advocated action in Assessment 1.
- Assignment: Module 07 Written Assignment – Interdisciplinary Communication
- Assignment: Module 09 Written Assignment – Differences Between Acute And Chronic Pain Worksheet
- Upload Assignment: Module 11 Written Assignment – Chasing Zero
- Upload Assignment: Module 09 Written Assignment – The Effects Of Aging
- Deliverable 5 – Write A Paper On Business Ethics, Business Intelligence, Operational Performance, And Market Trends
- Synthesize knowledge from the liberal arts and sciences and nursing science in understanding global perspectives, stimulating critical thinking, and using current technologies
- Liberal Education and Home Economics
- Comparative study of nursing in Britain from consensus years (1945-1979) to Neo liberal years (1979- present) investigate nursing in the context of the labour markets
- COMPARING the nursing education systems of the two (2) of the above countries
- Explain how the findings contribute to nursing knowledge/science. Would it impact practice, education, administration, or all areas of nursing?
- Does your organization have an adequate nursing education plan? What role should nursing leaders take in nursing education?
- Political History and Development of Nursing Education:Describe how the political history of the country influenced nursing education in your selected (2) countries.
- Compare the pros and cons of continuing nursing education related to the ANA Code of Ethics, and use the comparison to support mandatory continuing nursing education.
- What is the nurse’s role in nursing research at the Associate’s Degree in Nursing (ADN) level versus the Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN)?