Trends in nursing education such as the incorporation of active learning strategies make lesson plans vital to nursing educators and students. Lesson plans help instructors to know what is required to happen during classes. Lesson plans contribute to quality improvement because they enable students to learn actively (Moore-Cox, 2017). The instructor is able to plot the student learning outcomes and arrange instructional activities to ensure students understand the content. Through benchmarks and performance standards addressed during learning, the lesson plan allows the instructor to continuously evaluate students. Another way lesson plans contribute to quality improvement is through the utilization of learning resources (Moore-Cox, 2017). For example, the instructor is able to plan to use textbooks, websites, computer software, and guest speakers to improve the student’s understanding. Overall, the lesson plan helps the faculty plot out the many dynamic components of an active learning environment.
Whether curriculum development involves the revision of existing programs or new programs, evaluation of both internal and external factors is important. External influences like the political climate and body politic dictate how the curriculum revision process ends (Porter et al., 2020). Body politic influences how financial and administrative roles are defined during the process. The second factor is the healthcare system and the health needs of the population. Factors like major primary care agencies in the area and the emergency of new disease outbreaks influence curriculum revision (Porter et al., 2020). Another external factor involves regulations and accreditation bodies that determine the type of content to be taught and key competencies upon completion of the course.
Curriculum revision can influence quality improvement because it is based on evidence-based practice and trends in healthcare. Curriculum revision ensures that schools prioritize quality and utilize available technology to address complex issues in healthcare. Through the involvement of internal and external stakeholders, curriculum revision ensures collaborative improvement and effective decision-making that influence quality.
Moore-Cox A. (2017). Lesson Plans: Road Maps for the Active Learning Classroom. The Journal of Nursing Education, 56(11), 697–700.
Porter, A. L., Portillo, E. C., Gallimore, C. E., Zorek, J. A., & Barnett, S. G. (2020). Let external stakeholders be your guide to curricular revision. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education, 84(8), ajpe8021.
- Data Sets
- Week 3: Data-Driven Decision Making for Health Care Administration
- The purpose of this assignment is to examine health care data on hospital-associated infections and determine the best methods for presenting the data to stakeholders. Use the scenario below and the “Hospital Associated Infections Data” Excel spreadsheet to complete the assignment.
- How Are Biopharmaceuticals Distributed And How Does This Relate To Drug Administration?
- Module 02 Discussion – Ethical Dilemmas In Medication Administration
- Describe the role of the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) as it pertains to the PMHNP.
- Do your Standards of Practice specifically list venipuncture drug administration and IV medication? What is a health care professional in your position allowed to do?
- Drug Enforcement Administration
- The Application Of Data To Problem-Solving
- Research GASB Statement No. 56: how government accounting journal entries might differ from for-profit journal entries
- Research Critique: Perceived barriers for ethnically diverse students in nursing programs. Journal of Nursing Education, 45(7), 247-254 by Abriam-Yago, K., Amara, D., and Yoder, M
- Urmeka, T. J. (2013). Infant feeding attitudes and breastfeeding intentions of black college students. Western Journal of Nursing, 2013: 1-20.
- Understanding Chronic Pain. New Zealand Journal Of Nursing
- Find a research article from a nursing journal (or any other source) and discuss briefly: ◦Population used in the study
- nursing journal entry
- MAJOR REPORT/CLASS PRESENTATION: select a paper offering an in-depth investigation of current journal research on one health topic featured in the text
- journal question
- Journal Ledger
- Reflection Journal; Human Exceptionality