Discussion Post Response 802 (Lorangel)
Hi Lorangel, reading your telehealth post, I agree that COVID-19 triggered global havoc, especially on health. Health care workers were inaccessible since everybody lived in tremendous fear of the virus. The health-seeking behavior was affected greatly since many had to confine themselves within their homestead. Telehealth was a safe online tool for seeking care during COVID-19 time. One could easily communicate with their doctor and seek clarification concerning their health. Doctors were accountable for using the online services, which at a certain point, helped. As depicted by your post, I am certain that clients with chronic illnesses could reach their attending doctors online. Telehealth improved health services by keeping patients’ health safe during the COVID-19 outbreak. One was able to seek clarification one is experiencing without even having a face to face contact with the doctors (Monaghesh et al., 2020).
Amidst the advantages of telehealth during Covid 19 outbreak, several disadvantages encompassed the use of telehealth. I agree with the barrier in your post, such as the inability of the doctors to perform a direct physical examination on the patient. Indeed no physical examination could be performed when using telehealth due to the barrier between the doctor and the patient. This limited the accuracy of coming up with an appropriate diagnosis. Also, telehealth was not distributed to every corner of the world. In line with this, not everybody was literate; hence it was only limited to the literate community. It is factual that patient confidentiality and privacy were not upheld since it is system generated, which may risk patient information to unnecessary hands. It was indeed hectic to secure the connection when communicating with the patients. I concur that despite the patients utilizing telehealth, having a secured system would typically safeguard patients’ information from contact with unnecessary hands.
Monaghesh, E., & Hajizadeh, A. (2020). The role of telehealth during COVID-19 outbreak: a systematic review based on current evidence. BMC public health, 20(1), 1-9.
Gajarawala, S. N., & Pelkowski, J. N. (2021, October). Telehealth Benefits and Barriers. The Journal for Nurse Practitioners, 17(2), 218–221. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.nurpra.2020.09.013
- SCHOLARLY PAPER About A Nursing Theory. The Paper Is To Be A Five To Six (5-6) Pages Total (Double-Spaced, 12 Font, 1 Inch Margins). Follow APA Guidelines For A Cover Sheet, Headers, Pagination, References, Etc. Use APA Format
- FINAL PAPER The Combination Of The My Four Phases APA FORMAT RUBRIC ATTACHED. The Four Phases Are Attached And Feedback
- Your DQ1 and DQ2 posts must be at least 150 words and have at least one reference cited for each question. In-text citation, please
- DQ1 and DQ2 posts must be at least 150 words and have at least one reference cited for each question. In-text citation, please
- Students are expected to initially address the discussion question by Wednesday of each week. Participation in the discussion forums is expected with a minimum total of three (3) substantive postings on three different days per week
- Discussion: Maladaptive Responses To Immune Disorders Maladaptive Responses To Disorders Are Compensatory Mechanisms That Ultimately Have Adverse Health Effects For Patients. For Instance, A Patient’s Allergic Reaction To Peanuts Might Lead To Anaphylac
- Using the format outlined on the PICO reference page in the Nursing Reference Center design your own question.
- Critically evaluate the role of clinical supervision as a governance strategy designed to support safe and effective mental health care.
- Describe the complexity of clinical leadership in mental health settings Evaluate the impact of policy change on the delivery of mental health care
- Investigate safeguards and decision-making support tools embedded in patient care technologies and information systems to support a safe practice environment for both patients and healthcare workers.
- Healthcare associated infection – Investigation of a clinical governance and/or clinical practice improvement issue
- What is the role of the World Health Organization on global governance of health care systems
- What is the role of the World Health Organization on global governance of health care systems?
- How realistic is it to expect health care workers to model mental, physical, and spiritual health? If Americans tend to be overweight, underactive, workaholics who experience burnout, why should health care workers be any different? Base your response from the GCU introduction and the textbooks. Cite references from your reading to support your answer.
- CRITICALLY ANALYZE AND REFLECTIVELY DISCUSS THE CONCEPT OF EXPERT CLINICAL LEADERSHIP AND ITS ASSOCIATION WITH ORGANIZATIONAL PERFORMANCE IN HEALTH CARE
- Culmination of nursing research and EBP knowledge as students choose a qualitative or quantitative study to critically evaluate, including making a recommendation for utilization in EBP.