Discussion Response 802 (Nicole Franco)
Hi, Nicole Franco. Truth be known that every corner of the world was entangled by fear, including the health workers in the health care facilities. Among the health care workers, I agree without haste that I was hesitant to receive the COVID-19 vaccine as you did for various reasons, some being explained in your posts, such as the speed of drug processing and little evidence about COVID-19 vaccination. I agree that among the factors mentioned in your post are factors that made many healthcare workers hesitant to consume the COVID -119 vaccine. These factors, however, revolved around the vaccine production rate, efficacy, and limited data about the vaccine (Paris et al., 2021).
Additionally, it is factual that health workers had little literacy concerning the vaccine and its mode of action and the management of COVID-19. This is because healthcare workers have confidence in evidence-based practice, and the rush of production of therapy for COVID-19 made many healthcare workers hesitant to take up the vaccine. The health care workers also expressed their distrust of how some pharmaceutical companies produced the vaccine, which they thought self-gain. Some of the health workers who had initially been vaccinated refused the uptake of the next dose, made of the healthcare workers hesitant to take up the vaccine. Limited information about the side effects and multiple vaccine doses made many health care workers doubt the COVID -19 vaccine. The latter was hesitant to be vaccinated despite being vaccinated first since they are frontiers.
Finally, as APNs, it is factual to ascertain first the knowledge of the patient to help them allay myths and misconceptions. Be bold in communication whirl addressing the patients when educating them about the vaccine’s side effects, mode of action, and efficacy. Social media may deceive people; dispelling such disparities helps the clients make informed consent and choose to be vaccinated (Toth et al., 2022).
Paris, C., Bénézit, F., Geslin, M., Polard, E., Baldeyrou, M., Turmel, V., Tadié, É., Garlantezec, R., & Tattevin, P. (2021). Covid-19 vaccine hesitancy among healthcare workers. InfectiousDiseases Now, 51(5), 484487.
Toth-Manikowski, S. M., Swirsky, E. S., Gandhi, R., & Piscitello, G. (2022). COVID-19 vaccination hesitancy among health care workers, communication, and policy-making. American Journal of Infection Control, 50(1), 20–25. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.ajic.2021.10.004
- Module 11 Written Assignment – Chasing Zero
- Upload Assignment: Module 09 Written Assignment – The Effects Of Aging
- There is 8 pages to fill in its assessment assigment one 2A 2B AND 3A AND 3B please look at it and let me know I am going to upload.They are due on different days Module 1 4/9 Module 2A/B 4/13 3A/B 4/16. I used my old assement book.
- Zero-Based Budget
- Assignment: Module 07 Written Assignment – Interdisciplinary Communication
- Write a 1,050- to 1,400-word strategic objectives summary. Include your balanced scorecard and its impact on all stakeholders, and the communication plan.
- ABC Hospital is a small, privately owned community hospital. It has been struggling to survive financially, as reimbursement rates have declined and consumers are being drawn to the larger state-of-the-art hospital facilities in urban areas that are perceived to have better quality
- Describe the immediate outcomes that result from “ being cared “ for . How important are these to a patient’s health outcomes ?
- Identify two areas of nursing practice, which evidence-based practice has improved patient outcomes.
- Describe the similarities and differences between system outcomes and system outlook? What is the relationship between outcomes and outlook?
- Describe how faith communities can contribute to the accomplishment of these national health objectives and accomplish the goal of improving the health of the public.
- How does environmental pollution result in adverse health effects for individuals and communities?
- Healthy People 2020 is a framework to assist communities in preventing disease and promoting health
- HSM 541 Midterm Exam 1. (TCO A)Differentiate between urban and rural healthcare in America