Assessment Description prompt: The effective nurse educator can use student learning needs to create specific and measurable learning outcomes for a lesson or curriculum.
The purpose of this assignment is to create a learning needs assessment to determine learning outcomes for the topic identified in the learner’s practicum setting.
Develop a short needs assessment of 10-20 open-ended or closed-ended questions for a learning needs assessment related to your education focus to administer to your practicum audience. Administer this learning needs assessment in your practicum setting. This data will be used to guide the development of your lesson plan in Topic 8 assignment.
To accompany your assessment, write a 350-500-word data collection plan with the following information:
- Explanation of data collection techniques (such as the format and how you will administer the learning needs assessment to your students).
- Description of how you will use the data collected from this learning needs assessment when developing the lesson plan.
Submit both parts to the assignment dropbox on one Word document.
Cite one or two peer reviewed/scholarly resources in your paper.
While APA style is not required for the body of this assignment, solid academic writing is expected, and documentation of sources should be presented using APA formatting guidelines, which can be found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center.
This assignment uses a rubric. Please review the rubric prior to beginning the assignment to become familiar with the expectations for successful completion.
You are required to submit this assignment to LopesWrite. A link to the LopesWrite technical support articles is in Class Resources if you need assistance.
SOLUTION TO Learning Needs Assessment
- What are gaps in knowledge and skills that need to be addressed in this course?
- What teaching methods would be appropriate for you in this course? Select all that are applicable.
- Mid-lecture quizzing
- Group discussions
- All the above
- How effective are the current teaching methods in meeting the course objectives?
- Does the nursing student have the capacity to work in an interprofessional team?
- How close are the students to achieving the student learning outcomes for this course?
- Is the student able to access and utilize the required technology for learning?
- In what areas of this course would you consider yourself to be proficient?
- How keen are the students on following practical instructions?
- How effective is the instructor in delivering content in class?
- What would you recommend to the curriculum developers to improve learning in this course
- Week 11: Gender Dysphoria, Paraphilic Disorders, and Sexual Dysfunction
- HCM 325_ 2-1 Short Paper: Target Market Profile
- 8-1 Short Paper: Healthcare Informatics And Patient Care
- The growth, development, and learned behaviors that occur during the first year of infancy have a direct effect on the individual throughout a lifetime. For this assignment, research an environmental factor that poses a threat to the health or safety of infants and develop a health promotion that can be presented to caregivers.
- Which Of The Following Behaviors May Be…
- Changing Maladaptive Behaviors In Nursing
- Taken from the assigned reading in Butts chapter 12, page 401, “Ethical Reflection: Typical Unethical or Illegal Behaviors in Organizations”- Create a presentation of 10 slides or screens excluding the title and references
- Module 01 Discussion – Changing Maladaptive Behaviors In Nursing
- Identify cultural influences on health and decision-making. Create a PowerPoint presentation
- EXPLORATION OF HUMANITIES
- Mental Health: The historical care and treatment of people with a mental illness has provided strong evidence to underpin the need for less paternalistic, more inclusive models of care
- Select an advanced professional or advanced practice nursing specialty. How has past and current regulation/legislation affected the role and scope of this nursing role? What, if any, discussions are currently underway relative to the scope and role of this specialty? What resources are available to assist nurses in advocating for these roles?
- As a result of the fragmented nature of the health care system, professionals in various specialty areas of medicine have developed their own unique sets of terminology to communicate within that specialty.
- Evaluating practice through theories and models
- EVALUATING PRACTICE THROUGH THEORIES AND MODELS
- One of these mini-posters must be designated as coming from outside your specialty area (for example, if you are currently enrolled in the Graduate Certificate in Intensive Care Nursing you will be required to review one Emergency Nursing mini-poster).
- Certification of nursing specialty and patient outcomes of nursing-sensitive operations within intensive care division
- Select an advanced professional or advanced practice nursing specialty.