NUR-665E Nursing Education Practicum
Directions: Complete the documentation form. Type in your response in the unshaded box below each question. The form will expand for as long as you type. The purpose of this assignment is to document meeting the competency and to promote deep reflection on your practicum activities. Consider reviewing course textbooks: Certified Nurse Educator Review Book: The Official NLN Guide to the CNE Exam and NLN Core Competencies for Nurse Educators: A Decade of Influence for suggested practicum activities.
3 and 4
|Nurse Educator Competency 2: Facilitate Learner Development and Socialization.|
|Learner Name: Date(s):|
|Complete this section before you begin the weeks’ clinical.||Learning Goals: What do you want to accomplish for Competency 2: Facilitate Learner Development and Socialization
Be sure your goals are specific, measurable, achievable, relevant, and time bound (S.M.A.R.T. goals).
Some goals should reflect higher cognitive learning levels in Bloom’s taxonomy.
|My goal/s for this competency is/are to:
1. Recognize individual’s learning needs and styles with the following features:
a) Culture diversity
b) Previous education in Nursing
c) Individuals at risk, i.e., Vulnerable population
d) Traditional vs non-traditional
2. Access materials necessary for diverse learning needs
3. Develop a learning environment that offers personal goal setting, reflection, and socialization to nurses’ roles.
4. Meet the professional goals
5. Reinforce the development of myself in the following domains;
6. Develop professionally and help others advance in the profession
7. Participate in constructive peer and self-evaluation.
|Resources and Strategies: What type of resources or strategies will you utilize to accomplish your learning goals? Include both human and material resources.|
|The resources (human and material) and strategies I need to meet my weekly goal are:
1. Learn Professional modelled behaviour from my instructors
2. learning materials and relevant information on the course
3. Grasp opportunities to learn and share current and proven practices in nursing
4. Integrating up-to-date technology into nursing education
5. Set attainable peer and self-reflection goals
6. Engage in constructive self and peer evaluation programs.
|Measurement: How will you know that you have accomplished your learning goal(s)? What criteria will you use to measure this?|
|The criteria I will use to measure my goals are:
1. I should excel in competency tests, with a score of 80% in the learner development and socialization exam
2. I will develop paragraphs that demonstrate my growth professionally and how I should encourage others to do so (Johnson, 2022)
3. I should develop lesson plans with topics of my choice using the blank Active Teaching Map
4. I should create my reports and reflects on VARK and KOLB learning inventories and Meyers-Briggs personality inventory (Johnson, 2022).
|Complete this section after you complete the weeks’ clinical.||Evaluation: Did you meet your goal? What did you accomplish that you can use as evidence that you met your learning goals?
|Did you meet your goal? Why or why not?
I met my goal. Firstly, I passed my competency test with a score of 85. Secondly, I have grown professionally and been able to advise others to advance. Also, I can develop lesson plans with topics of my choice using the blank Active Teaching Map. Finally, I am in a position to develop and present both self and peer reports and reflect on the subject.
|Reflect on Competency 2, analyzing your practicum experiences: Be sure to connect your experiences directly to the competency.|
We all have unique learning needs; Individuals need different learning resources, and we can develop professionally through constructive peer and self-reflection.
Clinical hours completed on this topic:
Total clinical hours completed to date:
Johnson, C. (2022). Competency II: Facilitate Learner Development & Socialization. Nursing Portfolio: Claudette D. Johnson. Retrieved 22 June 2022, from http://claudettejohnson.weebly.com/competency-ii-facilitate-learner-development–socialization.html.
- INPATIENT AND OUTPATIENT SERVICES – APA Citation Guidelines – Powerpoint Needed!
- SCHOLARLY PAPER About A Nursing Theory. The Paper Is To Be A Five To Six (5-6) Pages Total (Double-Spaced, 12 Font, 1 Inch Margins). Follow APA Guidelines For A Cover Sheet, Headers, Pagination, References, Etc. Use APA Format
- Explore The Technology Systems Offered By Nanthealth, A Provider Of “Telehealth” And Health Management Services Via The Following Link: Http://Nanthealth.Com/ Prepare A Brief (8-10 Slides) PowerPoint Presentation In Which You Do The Following
- Create a PowerPoint presentation describing the phases of the Nurse-Patient relationship as defined by Peplau. Align your presentation with a current nursing practice example.
- This assignment will be in the format of a PowerPoint presentation (Bullet points may be used). You are educating your peers through this presentation regarding a federal bill you believe may be of interest to nurses.
- Create a 10–12-slide PowerPoint presentation that communicates a leadership plan to address financial gaps within your organization. Use Kaltura or another technology to narrate and record a 10–15-minute audio presentation.
- CPG (Clinical Practice Guidelines) Powerpoint With Speaker Notes
- Leadership Action Plan PowerPoint Slideshow Guidelines
- 2 Coments Each One 150 Words (CITATION AND REFERENCE)
- DQ1 and DQ2 posts must be at least 150 words and have at least one reference cited for each question. In-text citation, please
- Analyse the newspaper report of the Sydney grandmother who died following a medication error where an Registered Nurse incorrectly administered medication via intravenous therapy
- Choose a medication type from the following list, note why the medication is used, and consider adverse effects. Invent a scenario where giving this medication could result in an ethical or legally charged situation
- Compares scope of practice of newly Registered Nurses to that of Registered Nurses (RN), Enrolled Nurses (EN), Assistants in Nursing (AIN) and other Health Care Worker (HCW) roles.
- Problem Identification: Medication Error
- Identify two health care product advertisements from radio, television, newspaper, magazines, or social media. Possible products could include blood pressure cuffs, blood glucose meters, and food diary apps.
- Mary, a registered nurse, decided that she wants to become a CNP. She applied and was accepted to the Family Nurse Practitioner program at Chamberlain College of Nursing
- Describe the first time you were present with someone who died