Discuss your current practice setting and how informatics is involved in your practice. Include what work-related tasks you complete using healthcare informatics and what server your facility uses. Lastly, think of one or two topics for the Signature Assignment project (look ahead to Module 8 for details) you will complete during this course and provide a brief description.
* Below is Module 8 assignment
* I currently work on the Gynecology/Oncology unit
* At least 400 words
Assignment Expectations: Module 8
Length: Recorded presentation between 7 and 12 minutes in length. The presentation should include a PowerPoint and oral presentation of the slides. There is no slide number requirement. Answer all questions thoroughly with the allotted time.
Use a recording platform of your choice and either upload as an mp4 or share the link directly to the video in the dropbox.
Structure: Include a title slide, objective slide, content slides, reference slide in APA format. Informatics in Healthcare
Beginning in Module 1 of this course you have been researching a healthcare informatics topic of your choice. Present the findings in a recorded presentation between 7 and 12 minutes in length. The presentation should include a PowerPoint and oral presentation of the slides. There is no slide number requirement. Answer all questions thoroughly with the allotted time. PowerPoint allows you to record directly to each slide. Be sure to include a title slide, objective slide, content slides, reference slide in APA format. Use the appropriate APA style in-text citations and references for all resources utilized to answer the questions. Include at least three (3) scholarly sources using APA citations to support your claims. This assignment uses a rubric for scoring. Please review it as part of your assignment preparation and again prior to submission to ensure you have addressed its criteria at the highest level. Use a recording platform of your choice and either upload as an mp4 or share the link directly to the video in the dropbox.
Discuss your topic and its relationship to your current (or future) practice. Discuss why the topic is important in healthcare informatics.
What research have you have found on the topic? Describe how each scholarly article relates to the topic and your current (or future) practice. Describe what conclusions you have drawn based on your research of the topic.
What ethical or legal issues does this topic present?
Create a plan for implementing a change (or justify the need for no change). Who needs to be involved? What training programs are needed? Is there a need for ongoing training? Discuss how you would evaluate the success of the change (or the continued success of what you are currently doing). What is the cost to implement or maintain this change? Who will be financially responsible? How feasible is this change?
Finally, identify how changes in public policy and technological advances in the future could impact this topic. What would those changes mean to the healthcare industry?
Discuss your current practice setting and how informatics is involved in your practice Related posts:
- Nursing Informatics Competencies: Key functional area(s) of nursing informatics relevant to your current position or to a position you recently held, and briefly describe why this area(s) is relevant.
- form of an executive summary to analyze the use of nursing informatics standards, information regulations, and the science of nursing informatics to improve health care as an overview of the concepts
- Explore your own level of readiness in informatics. Discuss the integration of nursing informatics and health information technology on patient outcomes in healthcare.
- principles of health informatics, as well as the primary applications of health informatics in healthcare organizations
- Application of a specific nursing theory to resolving a problem or issue of nursing practice in nursing leadership,nursing education, nursing informatics, or health policy
- Nursing: Connections between data, information, knowledge, and wisdom and how they work together in nursing informatics.
- Effects of nursing informatics or technologies used in nursing
- Describe a nursing informatics best practices policy for effective and safe data use in a nursing practice setting or organization
- how nursing informatics is used in nursing education
- Nursing Informatics: What are the advantages and disadvantages of having a single shared consensus-driven model of terminology use?
- Case Study: Healthcare Data Standardization
- Epidemiology: Diverse Populations, Age and Interprofessional Health Promotion Resources