What is cultural competency?
- How can you implement cultural competency into your health and wellness programs?
- Social, Behavioral, and Cultural Factors in Public Health: Increasing Cultural Competency
- Explain how health care reform has helped shift the focus from a disease-oriented health care system to one of wellness and prevention. Discuss ways in which health care will continue this trend and explain the role of nursing in supporting and facilitating this shift. In replies to peers, provide an example of wellness and prevention initiatives your organization or specialty area has in place.
- THEMES IN US AND WORLD HISTORY COMPETENCY 117.1.3 HISTORICAL SYSTEMS OF POWER, GOVERNANCE, AND AUTHORITY COMPETENCY 117.1.4 REVOLUTIONARY CHANGE
- wgu competency 208.5.4 enzymology and catalytic mechanism, and competency 208.5.5 carbohydrate metabolism, adenosine triphosphate
- WGU THEMES IN US AND WORLD HISTORY COMPETENCY 117.1 GEOGRAPHY AND THE DEVELOPMENT/ DIFFUSION OF HUMAN SOCIETY COMPETENCY 117.1.2 SOCIAL INTERACTION
- Define competency and explain why competency is an ethics issue in healthcare. You may relate personal experiences with this issue.
- Design a questionnaire to indicate the level of a person’s wellness. Have a friend or family member complete the questionnaire. Make a prediction about that person’s wellness and justify your prediction using two or more complete sentences.
- Using the information from the interview you conducted in Week 2, list in descending order the support needs of your participant. Also discuss how to implement objectives of Healthy People 2020 to increase wellness
- Family Centered Health Promotion – Culture and Cultural Competency in Health Promotion
- Paper on Wellness Programs