Assignment 3.1: Case Study: Julia Marie Groffin 38yr old complaining of “not able to pay attention and not sleeping”
You are meeting with Julia Marie Groffin, a 38-year-old woman who is visiting the clinic because of a chief complaint of “not able to pay attention and not sleeping.”
Julia Marie enters your office and you notice that she is well-dressed, and her hygiene is good.
Julia Marie starts talking even before you offer her a seat. “My office is somewhat similar.” As she is sitting down, she starts, “I am working on my MBA in finance. I have always been academically focused. You know my aim is to stay contemporary in my
career and I enjoy going to school.
“Writing a romance novel energizes me, and that’s what I do for most of my weekend.”
There is an incredible gush of joy as she is describing to you how she creates these fancy characters for her novel. “I imagine an ideal life for myself and then I create me as the main character in the novel. I design every situation and every character as picture
perfect and I make this imaginative me in the novel enjoy the most desirable life. I really hope one day my romance novel will be made into a movie.
“Night school for MBA, writing romance novels on the weekends, all while working a full-time job as a certified public accountant! I have a busy life although I live by myself. I’ve had a lot of sexual partners recently, but I don’t want to get pregnant and so I take birth control pills.”
Julia Marie experiences periods of depression, where she says “at those times I think of hurting myself, but currently I don’t have any of those thoughts. But I get angry pretty easily.”
Julia Marie answers all your questions appropriately but is very distracted. However, you were able to engage her throughout the interview process.
From your perspective as Julia Marie’s psychiatric nurse practitioner, answer the following questions in a two- to three-page double-spaced paper (not including the reference page) and in APA format. Include at least three peer-reviewed, evidence-
1. Pick a screening tool that would be most appropriate for Julia Marie and score it the best you can based on the information provided. Based on the screening tool and score, what would the most likely diagnosis for Julia Marie be? Include the scored screening tool as an appendix.
2. What interviewing techniques would be best used for Julia?
3. What medication treatment would be best for Julia Marie? Please indicate the medication(s) you would start her on, the starting dose, and any patient education that you would need to do with these medications.
4. What type of therapy would work best for Julia Marie?
5. Identify what lab work you would order. Provide evidence to support your rationale.
After submitting your assignment, select Submission Details to view your similarity score.
Your similarity score will appear as a percentage next to your submitted file.
It may take up to 24 hours for your similarity score to appear.
Assignment 3.1: Case Study: Julia Marie Groffin 38yr old complaining of “not able to pay attention and not sleeping” Related posts:
- Case Study: Julia Marie Groffin
- Assignment 1: Discussion—Multifaceted Assessment: Anne Marie’s Case
- Women’s Health Case Study Marie is a 26-year-old nulligravida Caucasian woman complaining of spaced menses
- Nurse Marie Case study
- Nursing Ethical and Legal Case Study Case Study : The Case of Muna
- Assignment 1: Discussion Assignment: Variables in a Research Study and Data Collection
- Clinical Case Presentations: Students must post one interesting case that he/she has seen in the clinical setting via Discussion Board in the online part of this course. The case should be an unusual diagnosis, or a complex case that required in-depth evaluation on the student’s part
- Submit a write-up based on the Iatrogenic Hymenal Case Study (PDF). After reading the case study about M.J., document a write-up of her female genitalia system
- HIM 301: Case Study Two Read the Chapter 5 Case Study Bar Code Evaluation in your textbook and answer the discussion questions
- Obesity Case study; Darlene, aged 32yrs Case study
- Cardiovascular Alterations
- Nursing Leadership journal: Example