If you have chosen a nursing career and have been admitted to a college or university for a nursing program, you will likely have various assignments to complete. One of these assignments may be a nursing career essay. This article provides you with the best tips on how to write a nursing career essay. But before delving into the tips, let’s first define what a nursing career essay is.
What is a Nursing Career Essay?
Simply put, a nursing career essay is a piece of writing that focuses on health promotion, disease prevention, and assisting patients in coping with illnesses. It highlights the unique practices in the nursing field and aims to equip individuals with the skills needed to become skilled nurses. Writing a nursing career essay requires a deep understanding of nursing as a profession. So, how can you explain nursing?
Step-by-Step Guide on How to Write a Nursing Career Essay
There are many reasons why people choose a nursing career. Nursing is known for its flexibility, trustworthiness, and lucrative opportunities. However, the journey usually starts with a time-consuming application process for a nursing program of your choice. Many nursing programs require an essay in which you discuss your career plans and reasons for wanting to become a nurse, among other things. Let’s explore a step-by-step guide on how to write a nursing career essay.
Step 1: Create a Content Plan for Your Nursing Career Essay
Once you have narrowed down your nursing career options, it’s time to think about how you will convey your message. Consider the following aspects that you should include in your essay:
– List the topics of your interest as a student nurse and explain why you chose them.
– Discuss why you selected your nursing program.
– Identify your target audience.
– Share your preparation for becoming an outstanding nurse.
– Highlight your uniqueness, such as test scores.
– Mention any medical education or patient care experience.
– Describe the qualities you possess that will make you a successful nurse.
– Explain why the nursing school should admit you for studies.
– Recommend the type of workplace you prefer, whether it’s fast-paced or steady.
– Outline your professional objectives and how you plan to achieve them.
– Discuss the academic actions you need to take to reach your goals.
Step 2: Create an Outline for Your Nursing Career Essay
An essay outline is a helpful planning tool for any type of writing. Since a nursing career essay requires content and research, it’s essential to have a well-structured outline. As you conduct research, fill in the outline with relevant information, making sure to include citations. Remember that the outline is for your use, so feel free to modify it as needed. Think of it as part of the planning process.
Step 3: Organize the Paragraphs of Your Nursing Career Essay
Understanding the overall structure of a nursing career essay makes the writing process easier. Although the tone and language of a nursing career essay are more professional and scholarly, it typically follows a five-paragraph layout. The essay starts with an introduction, followed by three body paragraphs, and ends with a conclusion. Depending on the word count, there may be variations in the number of body paragraphs.
Step 4: Write the Introduction
The purpose of the introduction is to grab the reader’s attention and provide an overview of the essay. Start with a hook, an intriguing fact, or a thought-provoking question that encourages the reader to continue reading. Then, provide additional information about your topic to help the reader understand the content. Finally, write your thesis statement, which is a concise summary of the main objective, claim, or argument of your essay.
Step 5: Develop the Body Paragraphs
In the body paragraphs, present evidence and support your argument. When you write the body paragraphs, you may find new ideas or links that you did not see when you made the outline. This is easy to understand. Do not be afraid to move things around, take out some information, or add new study.
Conclusion of your nursing career essay
In the end, you have a chance to show the reader how everything fits together. Write a short summary of the most important points and the strongest proof. Restate your main point and explain how everything fits together. Do not give too much information, since your main points should be clear from your reasons. Do not bring up new study over and over again in your conclusion! This could make the person confused. You can end your conclusion by making a guess about future study topics or by asking a question that makes people think.
- Develop a list of five major peer reviewed journals in Nursing Administration that will be useful in administrative practice Custom Essay
- Precise development: literature review in which you compare and contrast 4 studies in your field of interest.
- Identify a crisis the organization that you chose for your SSP has faced in the past, a crisis that it is currently facing, or a crisis that a competitor in that industry has faced that your selected organization may face in the future. Post a 3–4 paragraph explanation of the crisis that you selected and a crisis management response recommendation. Include an analysis of the ethical implications of that recommendation. Reference at least one scholarly peer-reviewed resource in your recommendation.
- Selecting Sources of Literature – Capstone Project Locate a minimum of 15 peer-reviewed articles that describe the problem or issue and which support the proposed solution.
- Peer-Reviewed Journals
- Locate an article on any one of the following: Occupational Health Nurse or Physician, Safety engineer, Industrial Hygienist or Ergonomist. Summarize the article Discuss the role of that individual and how he/she interacts with employees in the work setting. Explain how you see the case manager interacting with that professional? The source of the article must be from a professional journal (AAOHN, National Safety Council, etc.) or website (not the textbook).
- Journal Summaries of Skinner and Behavioral Analysis
- Delirium Patients in the ICU, Nursing Peer-Review, Qualitative Article
- Analyzing key elements of the article and discuss the article’s potential impact on clinical practice.
- Address the following Short Answer prompts for your Assignment. Be sure to include references.
- Address the following Short Answer prompts for your Assignment. Be sure to include references to the Learning Resources for this week.
- N6130: Module 4 Short Answer Essays
- Writing Short Answer Essays
- Discussion Post Answer. Please See Case Study And Answer The 5 Question Using The Data Provided.
- Discussion Post Answer Please See Case Study And Answer The 7 Question Using The Data Provided.
- For this Assignment, you will identify three short-term and three long-term goals. You also will explain how each goal relates to your professional career development and how you might achieve each of these goals.
- Short Term Goals Can Usually Be Achieved By The End Of Your Shift. Long Term Goals Are Usually Achieved By..
- 8-1 Short Paper: Healthcare Informatics And Patient Care
- Topic is short staffing