Question: You Are About To Test The Effect Of Ethanol On Cells, And Will Be Using The Following Concentrations. 6.25% 12.5% 25% You Will Use 500ul Of Cell Suspension Containing 105 Cells In Microcentrifuge Tubes To Test The Effects Of Each Concentration. Answer The Following Questions Relating To The Information Above: What Is Your Hypothesis? Describe How You …
You are about to test the effect of ethanol on cells, and willbe using the following concentrations.
You will use 500ul of cell suspension containing 105cells in microcentrifuge tubes to test the effects of eachconcentration.
Answer the following questions relating to theinformation above:
- What is your hypothesis? Describe how you will set up yourexperiment.
- The first thing you will need to do is to set up your tubeswith the correct number of cells. You are given a suspension thatyou will need to count, and then adjust to end up with the correctvolume and number of cells in each tube.
You take a 20ul sample of thesuspension, dilute with an equal volume of trypan blue, and counton a hemocytometer. You get the following count:
168 cells in 5 squares.
- How many cells/ml do you have?
- What volume of this will you need for each tube?
- How much will you need in total?
- What volume of 100% ethanol will you add to each.
- What are your controls? Why are these important?
- Often, experiments are set up in triplicate. Why?