Question: Must Use MSDS!! You Are Walking Down The Hallway Of Your Facility, And You See A Housekeeper Frantically Signaling For Help. You Approach The Housekeeper And Notice That Her Eyes Are Red, Watery, And They Are Itchy. She Is Rubbing Her Hands On Her Face, Where You Notice What Look Like Red Burns On Her Face And She Is Coughing. You Ask Her What Is Wrong …
Must use MSDS!!
You are walking down the hallway of your facility, and you see ahousekeeper frantically signaling for help.
You approach the housekeeper and notice that her eyes are red,watery, and they are itchy. She is rubbing her hands on her face,where you notice what look like red burns on her face and she iscoughing. You ask her what is wrong and she says she splashedsomething on her face and in her eyes when she was mixing it withwater in her pail. She is very upset, not really able to give youmany details about the incident.
No supervisor is available to help her. You are in charge.
- What do you do first?
- What do you do for her first?
- What may the process/protocol be for an accident likethis?
You look on her cart and notice shehas the following chemicals and items:
- Comet Cleanser
- Unidentified solution in a paper cup on the cart
- Donut and coffee
- Lysol Multi-purpose cleaner
- Which is the product that would cause these kinds of concernsif splashed on the face?(hint – look up the MSDS on allproducts)
- How would you treat, help the splash to her eyes and to herface?(hint, look up the MSDS on all
6. What could havethe staff member done to avoid this kind of injury?
7. What could thefacility have done to help her or any other staff member in thiskind of injury? Look around the hallway, whatsafety components should be available and how close should they beto work areas ?
8. What do you thinkabout the unidentified solution in the paper cup on the cart? Couldthis have caused the burns and injury to the eyes? Any issue withthis being on the cart?
9.What about the food products on thecart? Should they be there?
10. What would happen if Ammonia was spilled on the donut or inthe coffee and the staff member consumed them?
List the websites you used (URLs)